Dunston Village Hall is a registered Charity which was established in 1983.
Charity Registered Number 514319
The Village Hall building and grounds were given freehold to Dunston Parish in 1983 on the proviso that it was to be used as a Village Hall.
The Parish Council is the Custodial Trustee and holds the property whilst the Management Trustees are responsible for the day to day administration of the Village Hall.
The Management Trustees are all volunteers.
Dunston Village Hall was first opened as a community building
for the residents of Dunston in 1948 by Smiths Crisps who at
that time were the major employer in the area growing potatoes
for their famous Crisps.
(Photograph provided by Stuart Rogerson)
There have been changes to the original building over the years, the addition of a kitchen, new roof, electric heaters,wooden floors and a disabled toilet facility. The building is at present undergoing a phased programme of refurbishment improving facilities whilst maintain the wonderful retro character of the original building.
You will have noticed that our King George statue no longer stands in our car park area. Sadly the wood core rotted and the statue fell over in April 2015.
In 2019 a specially commissioned ceramic plaque
of the King George /Dunston Pillar statue was
mounted on the wall in the Main Hall.
Click here for more information.
Dunston Village Hall
All Committee Members are volunteers.
The Executives are:-
Chairperson Roger Hall
Treasurer Jean Ford
Booking Clerk Robert Ford
Committee Members representing:-
Parish Council = Pauline Moore
Trustee = Helen Duncan
St Peters' PCC = Sue Glaister
Sewing Bee = Kath Gray
Acting Secretary - Jean Ford
Village Hall Manager Rowena Boden
Caretaker/Handyman Patrick Packwood
Copyright © All Rights Reserved